Followers

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Sugar Button Fairies

Hello Wonderful people. Thank you to the lovely ladies that always visit my blog and leave such lovely comments. 

A few posts back I posted a photo of a Sugar Buttons Fairy that I had coloured in green and teal with water coloured pencils. 


I couldn't wait to get on and make something with this. 

My friend Linda Simpson uses a lot of stencils/masks and materials that go with them. I took inspiration from Linda and got out my Creative Expressions Texture Paste that I purchased last year and totally forgot about. 

I picked a backing colour that went with the image and chose a suitable mask and set to work. 
I admit, I got a little messy and I had a little seepage under parts of the mask, but that's why playing is all about! 

I absolutely loved the look of the texture paste and the high pale gold shine it produced. 

Anyway, enough waffle, here is what I made.....ooohhh I'm excited.....ok ok I'm posting! 




This last photo shows the absolutely gorgeous pale gold shine the paste produces. It is absolutely beautiful and adds such a 'WOW' factor to a plain old piece of card! 



I loved this card so much, I had to try out the other fairie in the stamp set. 
This one, I HAD to do in the typical girly pink and purple colours :-) I couldn't resist for long...


This is the image I coloured and here is the card that I made...I used diecuts for the first time since before Christmas as my beautiful ebosser has been packed away!!! 


Love the sparkle, shine, pretty girly colours. 


Thank you again for taking the time to visit my blog, you are all very talented people who inspire me every day. 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your cards hun they are so inspiring . If i ever had to choose it would be impossible . and these are sooooo cute

lady jasmine crafts said...

Such pretty fairys sweet cards xxx

Sue said...

Your cards are gorgeous Lisa. Such delightful and sweet images coloured so beautifully and I love the layout with wonderful textures and sparkle too.
hugs Sue xx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Lisa these are stunning. Your background using the mask is stunning. Thank you for the mention and so happy that you are inspired by my work. You are a star.
Hugs
Linda xxx

SJDWolf said...

Super duper cute fairies! Thanks for sharing :-)

Unknown said...

Morning Lisa, these are such pretty fairies & you have coloured them in beautifully. Lovely dies & papers & the added touch of glitter...just my thing, have a great day hunni xxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, now at my age, I have to peer closely, LOL..fabulous colouring of these images, and great detail on the cards...love you too hun xxxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, super cute images. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Bloggers network Hugs Tania (DT) xx

crafty-stamper said...

love your fabulous coloured images and added sparkle,fantastic textured paste background it looks brilliant
carol x

Crafty Judith said...

adorable hun love the colours x

Cumbrianlass said...

Awesome Lisa you have created a fabulous background and your little fairies are fantastic.
Janet xxx

Kate M said...

These two cards are delightful - I love your little fairies - love the girlie one!!
xx

jane stillman said...

What a fabulous job you've done with the mask, and it sets the image off beautifully. Love the glitter and die cut on the second x

Laine said...

Such sweet creations Lisa. Love the fairies.
Laine
xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous sweet card, love the image!
Hugs Donna xxx