Followers

Monday 30 September 2013

LEJ Designs Challenge #73

Welcome fellow bloggers, crafters and most importantly, friends. 

It seems like ages since I have blogged a Design Team piece for LEJ Designs. I had to skip the last challenge due to being on Holibobs. I had such a lovely relaxing time, I didn't want to come home! 

This weeks Challenge theme is...
'Things With Wings'.
Now, this could be insects, animals, mythical creature or mechanical wings etc...let your imagination and creativity flow. 

Every weekly challenge has a first prize of wonderful LEJ Designs Images, as well as a small second crafty prize. Our crafty prizes are provided by one of our amazing sponsors. 
For details of our sponsors, rules, terms and conditions and shop, please visit our main blog page by clicking the picture below...


Right, here is the card I made for the challenge. 



I decided against using one of the gorgeous images. I used one of the backing papers and sentiment (both available in the LEJ Designs shop).

I imported the backing paper and sentiments into SERIF Craft Artist and changed the colour. 
I then used a Kanban stamp set 'tropical birds' to stamp over the background with two Tim Holtz Distress Inks. 

I stamped the small butterfly stamp around the sentiment and distressed the edging. 

I stamped the humming bird onto a separate piece of card, painted this with the same distress ink and then cut the image out. 
I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the bird. 

I used an x-cut die for the sentiment edging, and then a border die, which I added a length of ribbon to. 

I finished this card off with some purple and black flat backed gems, as well as a strip of the backing paper inside the card. 


I loved getting inky fingers while making this card, and was shocked that I didn't get finger prints all over it. 

I hope this card has inspired you to join in with the challenge. We love looking at everyone's makes and how talented people are. 


Thank you so much for visiting my blog.



 

 


 


 


 

18 comments:

Nikki said...

This is just lovely :)

Pia S said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! The humming bird looks fantastic, what a great idea to make your own paper using it and different colored inks. It's such a lovely sentiment too!

Sue said...

This is such a beautifully designed card Lisa. I love the detail on the backing paper and the humming bird is gorgeous. A beautiful sentiment too.
Glad you had a good holiday
hugs Sue xx

Carmen said...

This is beautiful. Love the paper on the inside

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Hun this is stunning, I do love the humming bird and the sentiment is gorgeous. My favourite colour too! Gorgeous papers and loving the design.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

Love the backing paper you've created and that humming bird is super. Fabulous card.
xx

Unknown said...

Totally amazing Lisa ,
Hugs Susan xx

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card Lisa, love the colours ad different techniques xx

Laine said...

A beautiful creation Lisa.
Laine
xx

lady jasmine crafts said...

A gorgeous card and such a beautiful sentiment xxx

Unknown said...

Wow what a lovely sentiment, gorgeous card Hunnie xxx

Andree said...

This is wonderful Lisa. The colour and hummingbird are gorgeous x

Jan said...

This is Gorgeous xx Jan

Mandy Ashley said...

Beautiful sentiment along with a beautiful card, Lisa :)

Zoe said...

Fab card, lovely colours xx

Marie Richardson said...

Lisa this is gorgeous hun, I love how you have used the stamp to create your own backing paper.
Hugs
Marie
Xxxx

Fran said...

Beautiful xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really pretty and elegant hun, love the pretty colour combo and layout
Lindsay xx