Followers

Monday 16 September 2013

Just For Fun - Challenge 2

The second challenge over at 'Just For Fun' Challenge Blog started on the 1st of the month.
Half of the Design Team made projects for the start of the challenge, and the other half of the Design Team have made projects for half way through the month as a little extra inspiration.
 
 
Just For Fun Challenge Blog is just what it states on the tin....Just For Fun. Some months we will have prizes, that have been donated to the Challenge Blog, and some months we won't.
We do have Badges that the winners and top 3 can place on their blogs to show that they have been a winner on our blog.
 

Septembers theme is...... COLOURS OF AUTUMN

Please either click on the link or picture below, to take you to the amazing Just For Fun Challenge Blog....
 
 
 
 
I have to say, the makes of the first half of the Design Team, were absolutely amazing. I had a high standard to live up too.....
 

So......He is what I came up with......


 
 
I picked a polkadoodles image from one of their CDs. I thought the image went well with the rustic look I wanted to achieve with the card.
I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir pens. I have to say that I am really pleased with how this image came out. I tried to use darker colours around the edges of the image areas, to give it more dimension.
I diecut shapes to match the card blank I had in my stash. I used a matt ribbed gold card as I thought that gold mirri would look too new and would take away from the tone of the card.
I got out my distress inks and leave stamps and got to work on the card base and the edges of the layers.
The leaves were made with a punch and embossing set. I inked the main leaf and then inked the edges to give them an autumn dried look.
I put it all together and used a roll of hessian ribbon that I have had for a while. I have looked for this ribbon everywhere as I am running out and wanted some more, however I cannot find any.
 
 
I hope this has inspired you to go and have a look at the Challenge Blog and join in with the challenge.
We have a prize this month, which was donated by the wonderful Marie Richardson
 
 
 
 
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave such lovely comments.
 


31 comments:

Karen Willis said...

Fabulous card hon, beautifully coloured xx

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours you have used xxx

Sue said...

WOW! This is wonderful Lisa. I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and the leaves look wonderful too.
hugs Sue xx

Marie Richardson said...

Lisa I know I really shouldnt have a favourite but yours card is just gorgeous and is deffo my favourite lol
Hugs
Marie xxx

lady jasmine crafts said...

A beautiful card love the fall cols. xxx

Cheremane said...

Beautiful card such lovely colours xx

Pia S said...

You've really managed to bring this image to life, and I love the colors of your leaves - they look just like real autumn ones!

Kate M said...

Absolutely beautiful - Adorable image and super colours and colouring - fantastic card.
xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely Amazing Lisa
Hugs Susan xxxx

Unknown said...

This is one of the most stunning cards i have come across . i absolutely love it hun

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Lisa hun this is stunning! Love how you have coloured the gorgeous image and the beautiful leaves.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello, Wow what a beautiful card, really like the image and the fabulous colours you have used. Love the beautiful leaves as well.
Tilly x

indie said...

Hiya what a beautiful card and the image is fab you have captured the theme of autumn, well done.

indie :) x

Jane Willis said...

Thanks for introducing me to the Just for Fun challenge - I've joined in now but y card is nowhere near as lovely as yours!

Beth F. said...

Oh my goodness! What a fabulous card! Those leaves look real!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Andree said...

This is absolutely fantastic Lisa, you certainly didn't let anyone down. I'd say you set a new, higher standard x

UTs Hobby Time said...

Fabulous card. Image and the leaves are so beautiful.

Kelly D said...

Lisa what a lovely card, I really like the shape that you have made
Hugs
Kelly- JFF Teamie
xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

What a beautiful card! Love the shape and the colours...

Wynn said...

Wow a stunning card. Thanks for the inspiration Hugs Wynn x

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Wow, stunning Lisa, glad to have you on the team!

Elaine xx

Chana Malkah said...

This is just stunning! Wonderful integration of fall colors and fabulous composition! A very cohesive and well balanced design! Your coloring of the image is top drawer.
Hugz,
Chana
http://redoralee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little card, love the theme and the colours.

Moira xx

maureenjscott said...

Wow!!! loved this the moment I saw it! Fab! mo xxx

Sam K said...

Beautiful card, lovely autumn colours. The leaves are gorgeous, you said you used a punch and embossing set, any chance you would be wonderful enough to share which ones pleasey :p as these are fab
x

Bhawana said...

Its a beautiful card Lisa. Love that green color

Sindhu said...

Beautiful card Lisa..Loved it..

Rosalee said...

Beautiful card Lisa. I love the coloring on the image.
Hugs, Rosalee

Carmen said...

This is a beautiful card. I love all of the leaves.

Jan said...

I love this xx Jan

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

I am pretty sure it is a wood wear duo set.... Xxxx