Followers

Sunday 20 May 2012

DT craftyMess challenge blog

The challenge was to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colours.
The first card I made was pink and black but as all my Christmas crafting stash is still in the loft I didn't have a lot to play with. The card didn't look very christmassy at all...

I found a pack of 'gorjuss' toppers that must have slipped through the christmas net.

I picked the topper that help the most non-traditional colours and then matted on red, green and black card stock.
I did the same with the sentiment.

I imbossed deep red coredinations card stock with snow flakes and sanded gently to see more of the pattern. I then used a tonic punch to punch stars in one side. This was then matted on black card stock and placed on a green card blank.

Ribbon was used along with a hand made flower made with the same coredinations card stock, swirl diecuts and pearl hatpins.

13 comments:

Beccalite said...

Wow Lisa I love this one and the colours are lush. There is that swurly thingy again lol.

Great big huge hugs

Rebecca xxx

Tina said...

hunnee ALL of your cards are gorgeous , you are one talented lady ! xxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is stunning, as usual x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Christmas card Lisa, loving the black with the red.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Angela said...

Hi Lisa,

Love this card! Great use of the Non Trad colours.
Ax

Jan Hughes said...

Lisa - what a wonderful card, would never have thought of using black in a christmas card. Well done. You have inspired me to try different colours apart from the traditional red and green. xxx

Doreen said...

A fabulous card,love the image.xxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa .
Beautiful Christmas card design in non traditional colours .
Love that punched edge too.
But that awesome flower and leaves gave it the WOW factor for me .
hugs Shirley-Anne DT

debbi taylor said...

this is stunning - love the colour and I love the image - so well put together! x
hugs
Debbi x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, you are so good at this xx

Jemara's said...

Lisa,
Truly stunning, you are one very clever lady. Love the flower and swirl. X

Sammylou said...

Lovely card xXx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.